“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.”
What Is Cannonball?
The past few years have been AMAZING for Christ’s Church of the Valley! God has changed hundreds of lives in our church family, our community, and around the world through His ministry here. And now, we believe God has placed in front of us some opportunities that could take us to places we’ve never been before in our ability to expand the mission of Jesus here in Pennsylvania and beyond!
When we were kids, there was one big, exciting way to make a statement. A Cannonball. With a Cannonball, there’s no halfway. You’re all in from the jump. What if we lived that way in every area of our lives – our relationships, jobs, faith, time, talent, and treasure? Imagine the splash we could make – the ripples we could create for eternity – if we lived “all in” for a purpose beyond ourselves.
Jump in and make waves! The water’s fine.
The Primary Goal
100% ENGAGEMENT – Cannonball gives every person who calls CCV their church home an opportunity to go “all in” with Jesus – to take the next step in developing a wholehearted faith in Him!
- ALL IN SURRENDER – What are we holding back and need to relinquish control of in order to go “all in” for Jesus?
- ALL IN FAITH – What step do we need to take to show we are “all in” and moving away from our comfort zone and into a whole new experience of dependence upon God?
- ALL IN GENEROSITY – What new level of generosity do we need to reach in order to go “all in” as we express our gratitude for what Jesus has done for us?
The Secondary Goal
We’ve prayerfully asked God to show us what kind of impact He wants us to make over the next two years. How does He want us to Make More and Better Disciples for His kingdom? Through God’s leading, we’ve identified the following three areas:
- WAVE OF LOCAL IMPACT – Increase engagement with strategic local partners to enable a higher level of congregational involvement in the community.
- WAVE OF INTERNATIONAL IMPACT – Open doors for greater influence around the world through new and expanded mission involvement and participation in church planting.
- WAVE OF FINANCIAL STRENGTH – Strengthen our financial base as a church, ensuring we stay strong and well equipped to make more and better disciples.
How can I get involved?
Cannonball is a two-year “all in” commitment on the part of our church family, to serve and to give financially to Make More and Better Disciples. The “generosity initiative” began in November 2019 and will end in November 2021. To date, our church family has committed a total of $2,201,009 to Cannonball. Giving toward this commitment began in mid-November 2019.
If you are interested in being a part of Cannonball, you can still make a commitment to give by completing and submitting a Cannonball Commitment Form HERE. You may also give to Cannonball (many people do!) without making a commitment. Simply indicate the amount of your gift on your offering envelope, write “Cannonball” on your check, include “CB” when giving via text, or select “Cannonball” from the drop-down menu when giving online or using the mobile app.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
To learn more about Cannonball, contact Kevin Stone, Executive Pastor of Operations, and Cannonball Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 792-0777 extension 208.
How can I get the latest update?
Cannonball updates are done periodically in a number of ways. To view the latest Cannonball update, click on the button below …